If your car emits a little smoke, no smog and no car?!!!!!!!

If your car emits a little smoke, no smog and no car?!!!!!!!

Postby 89ARIES » Sun May 24, 2009 6:51 am

HWhat the heck is this stupid smog requirment coming to! Is it really true that even if your car passes smog with flying colors, if it emits a very
tiny tiny bit of smoke from the tailpipe due to high mileage or wear and tear, your screwed and you can't pass smog because of a new VISUAL INSPECTION
LAW where if smoke is visible, you can only pass smog by rebuilding the ENGINE! :x Please, can someone out there tell me what this new Kalifornia
SMOG VISUAL TEST LAW is? We are in serious trouble if we can't pass cars that burn a tiny bit of oil. No wonder you don't see many high mileage old cars
around. I'm telling ya, the government of the USA is doing everything it can to enrich itself at the expense of you and your old jalopy. Also, if this VISUAL
test is fact, how can we circumvent or work with it? Any thoughts?

Here is more info on this stupid law:
http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResources/0 ... _18_08.pdf
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: If your car emits a little smoke, no smog and no car?!!!!!!!

Postby Purplegrasshopper » Sun May 24, 2009 3:06 pm

89ARIES wrote:Also, if this VISUAL test is fact, how can we circumvent or work with it? Any thoughts?

Tip the minimum wage worker at the smog test station 5 bucks to look the other way....
Purplegrasshopper
Car Fan

Car Information: None

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sun May 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Purplegrasshopper wrote:
89ARIES wrote:Also, if this VISUAL test is fact, how can we circumvent or work with it? Any thoughts?

Tip the minimum wage worker at the smog test station 5 bucks to look the other way....

Agreed.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby Chief » Wed May 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Guy...all you have to do is drain abount a pint or so of oil out of your car and replace it with a product called Bardahl. It will make your car will run exceptionally smooth, and you will not emit any smoke at all. This is of course a temporary fix, but it will get you through the California Smog Inspection Test. Used Car lots have been employing this trick for many, many years to sell all kinds of crap off of their lots.

Peace,

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby 1of10K » Thu May 28, 2009 11:15 am

Don't laugh, but way back when I had a friend that had a typical oil burning Vega. He thought it would be a laugh and got a stick on type air freshener and placed it inside his exhaust tip. When ever the car was around, it had this light blue cloud that always smelled "Spring Fresh" !!!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby Butch » Fri May 29, 2009 3:32 am

Just FIX the f@cking thing and you won't have any problems. What is so HARD to understand about that ???????? :shock: :shock: If you don't want to do that than the car should be scraped.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby RichG » Sat May 30, 2009 11:18 am

I'm familiar with Bardhal...it's been around forever. Used a lot of it in the 70's, with the bigger engines and the higher mileage. Another good product is Marvel Mystery Oil, a top cylinder lubricant that helps swell oil seals (including main bearing seals) where oil may be seeping thru stem or valve seals.Jersey has a visible smoke inspection too, and although my son's Honda is smoking a bit, those products reduce oil consumption and reduce or eliminate the emission.....
1984 Le Baron Convertible 2.2
2002 Ford Taurus
2004 Mazda 3 5-speed
RichG
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Chrysler Le Baron Convertible 2.2

Postby taxiguy » Sun May 31, 2009 2:19 am

If you really care that much about it, move to a different state. Only 18 states in the US have emissions and/or general inspections. And California is the worst out of them all.

Here in Michigan you can drive anything you want long as you pay the 30 dollar licensing fee. Your car can leave a trail of rust, oil, and gas down the street and the government doesn't care at all.
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Postby Butch » Sun May 31, 2009 2:26 am

I moved OUT of Michigan, too cold, cars rot away, men outnumber women, can't ride my motorcycle 12 mos. a yr. Unemployment etc.etc.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby taxiguy » Sun May 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Well besides all that, there are 31 other states to choose from that have no inspections or emissions requirements. Just move to one of them if you really want to keep your car.
taxiguy
Car Fan

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 ES Turbo

Next

Return to General Car Discussions