The Chrysler K-Car Club Roadtrip. Sat, July 12th, 2014

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

The Chrysler K-Car Club Roadtrip. Sat, July 12th, 2014

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:30 am

Folks,

It is that time, time for an honest to goodness fun K-car roadtrip. We have a passion for our cars, and for our club. The roadtrip is really the fruit of our labors, and the best event of the year. I don't want to hear a lot of complaining on the trip, as everything we do is for free, and we all have busy lives outside of Facebook. This is a good thing that is only possible through the huge efforts of a few. All we want is your participation and enthusiasm. I promise you no one will get lost, and no man or woman will get left behind. I know it is an all day affair, and I hope most of you can stay. You won't regret this special memory. We are the only contingent of K-car owners who do things anywhere in the USA with cars that are now over 30 years old, and very rare.

We might makes some changes to the itinerary, but we needed to finalize this event, as summer will be going by quickly, and some of us, including yours truly, may have other plans in August and September, one of which is hopefully a run up to Concours d'LeMons in Monterey for K-cars if any of us can afford it.

ATTENTION MEMBERS IN ORANGE AND SAN DIEGO COUNTIES: We made the destination
San Juan and Dana Point to give you a chance to participate in an event, as we are based in Los Angeles.

Details below:

The 2014 Annual Southern California Roadtrip
Chrysler K-Car Club
Date: Saturday, July 12th, 2014

Time: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM

Locations: Bobs Big Boy Restaurant. 4211 West Riverside Drive, Burbank, Ca. 91505. 9:00-10:30 AM
Point San Vincente Lighthouse. 31550 Palos Verdes Drive West, Rancho Palos Verdes, Ca. 12:00AM-2:00PM.
Mission San Juan Capistrano. 26801 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, Ca. 3:00PM-5:00PM
Wind & Sea Restaurant. 34699 Golden Lantern St, Dana Point, Ca. 6:00 PM-Whenever

Cost: Your own transportation and food. Suggested donation for the two museums is $3 and $5.

Purpose: To keep the Chrysler K-Car Club in existence through mutual fun activities and socialization. By that I mean your participation and your enthusiasm. ​​​​​​​​These events are by far what I enjoy the most, not spending hours on facebook. The more of you that come the better, cause then we can have a rare flashback to the 1980s as we drive an army of K-cars together as a group, which is not possible anywhere else in the country. Our events are historical, because no one else does them. We can assist each other and look at our cars, and enjoy good company, places and food. And, we will be on the water away from the heat.

Important: Bring charged cell phones. Directions and maps will be provided by CKCC president on site and by email. No man or woman will be left behind, and there is no need to worry about any possible breakdowns. We will be travelling together incognito. Bring your hat and sunscreen. And, check your car’s fluids before you leave. If you have been neglecting your K, or just haven’t driven it, now is a time to take it out of the garage and get it prepped. If you are a seller, we want you there as well. Publicity for your sale. Please bring I-Phones, cameras, etc.
RSVP as soon as possible by calling Guy V.Coulombe at 818-219-2587 or Ed Garren 213-453-3040.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Announcements and Events