Come volunteer your K car for TV. K cars on TV

Moderator: 89ARIES

Come volunteer your K car for TV. K cars on TV

Postby 89ARIES » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Here in LA, a producer from Warner Brothers called me and wishes to put K cars on TV for a shoot for the year 1981 in a series called Cold Case. He needs 10 cars. Basically, the cars are trailered and parked in a parking lot. You can drive your own car of course unless you can not make the shoot. The cars just sit there. They are not moved or blown up. Deal looks legitimate. I do not want to incur any liability. The shoot is a 95 percent confirmed. Small possibility of permanent cancellation. He is willing to allow cars as new as 83 to participate. If you would like to make $300 a day and help the club get advertised, call your president at (818) 219-2587. The shoot is tentavily scheduled for August 26-28 in Bellflower, California. Here is a link to an email sent to Heath Culp of Warner Brothers today:

Here are the potential players that could provide up to
> six of the cars you need. They are:
>
> Matthew of Pasadena with a 1982 Dodge Aries Wagon
> Derek of Los Angeles with a 1982 Dodge 400 Convertible
> Bob of Burbank with a 1983 Dodge 400 Sedan
> Dennis of Fullerton with a 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Woody
> Conv
> Nancy of Canyon Lake with a 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Woody
> Conv
> Cheryl of Canoga Park with a 1983 Chrysler LeBaron Hardtop
> Coupe
> Myself with my 1989 Dodge Aries Coupe.
>
> I will put out a link on my website about your show. Also,
> included you will find pictures of the models. I have been
> able to reach by phone three of the players. We'll have
> to wait and see about the others. I realize we are close to
> the film date of August 26th-28th.
>
> PICS: Files above and the following links. You will see a
> pic of an 82 Aries Wagon and my 89 Aries Coupe:
>
> My Car: http://www.chryslerkcar.com/about_my_car.htm
>
> 82 Aries Wagon:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/53687062@N00/2590642219/
>
> Sincerely,
> Guy
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Come volunteer your K car for TV. K cars on TV

Postby Chief » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:59 pm

For those of you who couldn't make the "Cold Case" filming, you truly missed out on a great time. Of course Guy and his 1989 Dodge Aries Coupe was there, and I also had the pleasue of meeting Derek, and enjoyed his 1982 Dodge 400 convertible. He's currently restoring it and doing some mild custom work to it, and I will be most interested in seeing the finished results. Derek...I think you're off to a great start, and kudos to the gentleman who did your new convertible top and leather interior.

The food alone was well worth the two days of shooting, it was the closest thing to being on a Cruise Ship that you could imagine. They had a fabulous caterer and he kept turning out one incredible buffet after another, they even had in between meal sanwiches and snacks, just to hold you over until the next meal. There was even a catering coach if you wanted to have something specially prepared. If I regularly worked as an exta, I would never have to shop for food again!

I was literally shocked that a major studio like Warner Bros. could put out a call for K-Cars, and all they were able to come up with was about a dozen or so, and there was at least four or five that I was shocked that they even started up. But that's where the MAGIC of Hollywood comes in. They bunched all them together, with the nicer ones up front, put 1981 stickers on all of them, faux dealer plates, and once the scenes were totally shot, the computer animation people will produce the finished product. They will literally turn about 15 K-cars into over 100 K-cars on the dealer's lot, and with the right lighting, make them all look new!

The story centers around a mystery that happened at a car dealership back in 1981 and the launch of the Chrysler K-Cars. For those of you who wish to see this particular episode, the tile is "The Dealer"...it will be Cold Case Episode #6...and it will air in either late October, or early November 2008.

I definitely want to take a moment to say Thank You to Guy for turning us on to this in the first place. My 1989 Plymouth Reliant K America LE has won in quite a few local car shows, but getting paid for it to just sit there, is one hell of a lot better! 8)

"So thanks again Guy!!!"

Chief
Link to view my web-page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3215080
Chief

Car Information: Plymouth Reliant K America LE, 1989

Postby TomChrysler » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:50 am

Wow!

What a great event! I am really reeeeally bummed that I was in Ohio with the Mighty K when y'all were in Hollywood eating like there was no tomorrow. I will keep a closer eye out for future events like this. How memorable this must have been for y'all.

Giving you my best,
Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:52 am

Hi Tom. The show is premiering this Sunday on CBS at 9PM in Los Angeles. Should be the same time for Sacramento. My car is in some of the main shots.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:10 am

Guy, i saw your 89 Aries on TV! Awsome job although im a little disspointed, for one we didnt even make it on to the credits, and the second, they didnt show hardly any k-cars only yours, the dodge 400 convertable and that low mileage one in the show room.

Today i saw an 88 dodge aries with low miles
88 aries

Postby TomChrysler » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi Guy!

It did air at 8pm in Sac. I taped it. Although we didn't get a lot of visual shots, "K Car" showed up in the dialog often. It was actually a very touching episode. I enjoyed it.

Tom
TomChrysler
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Chrysler Town and Country

Postby Silverbeard » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:06 pm

I would have been nice to see the show centered around out beloved K Cars, but alas we were just a mere prop for the real show.
I was not really suprised knowing that my wife had worked as an extra in TV and movies for a couple of years and out of all of that you would catch a glimpse of her and she may have been visible for a total of 30 sec. or a minite for all the sets she was on.
Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby tindrumstoo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:31 pm

anyone know where i can see the show? i was out of the loop and missed it, anyone have a link to a viewing of the show online anywhere?
don't hate me because i'm different!!

86 K wagon
84 yamaha CV-80
03 civic Si hatch
tindrumstoo

Car Information: 1986 plymouth reliant K wagon custom

Return to Upcoming Events