Where do I start???

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Where do I start???

Postby Webmaster » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:51 am

As members of the Chrysler K-Cars, its always great to meet and learn about other people and members. One of the ways to do this is through our brand new introductory section which we set up for the benefit of our members. Of course this is all casual, however for those who don’t know were to start, we do have a couple of suggestions.

1. Keep Subject simple (IE: Hi, my name is so and so)
  2. Give brief introduction of yourself (Example: Hi, my name is Charles, from California and am Webmaster for Chryslerkcar.com. I really love classic cars, work on them, and enjoy driving them.
  3. Pictures of your car are always a plus (+). There is no way to upload them on this forum, however this forum does support viewing external images from photos servers such as http://photos.google.com and http://www.imageshack.us. Type in [img]Note%20the%20address%20(it%20varies%20depending%20on%20where%20photos%20are):http://lh5.google.com/chryslerkcar/R5LGBAESz8I/AAAAAAAAAGM/OG7f4XCTO2I/s400/IMG_2145.JPG[/img]

and you should get this:

I hope this helps everybody. If you have any questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply. If you have any problems with the pictures, PM or email me, and I'll do my best to help everybody.

Have a good one,
Charles Coulombe
Forum Admin.
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Re: Where do I start???

Postby sniffters » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:25 am

I have photos, but I do not understand how to post them.
Fred Ballantyne :?
sniffters

Car Information: 1982 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon

Postby Silverbeard » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Welcome to the club Fred, your 82 T & C is as rare as my Convertible, hope you are treating it withTLC.

:idea: To UPLOAD phtos, use Adobe Photoshop to edit your image down to 250 kb or less, hit 'upload attachment' and select the image then 'Place Inline'

82 LeBaron, Mark Cross Edition.jpg

Give it a try, Open a new topic under For members and introduce yourself with photos, and a little bio on the car, how you got it, condition, problems.
Let us know what part of the country you are from. :lol:

Martin
Image Image
Silverbeard
Car Fan

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross Edition, 2.6 L

Postby carnut4 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:10 pm

My name is Dave and I just sold my 95 Dodge ram 1500 and bought an 82 Aries Custom with only 33k miles! It's great to know I have support while driving this great car! I can't believe I'm getting 30 mpg!
carnut4

Car Information: 1982 Dodge Aries Custom

Postby wayne3s » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:27 am

Hello, my name is Wayne and today's mail included the January 2009 Hemmings Classic Cars magazine, which has a short article about the TV show Cold Case that needed a 1980s Chrysler dealership set, and the fact that the cars for the scene were provided by the Chrysler K-Car Club. I had to check out the web site they provided, and joined immediately. I have a 1984 Dodge 600ES with turbo 2.2 and 5-speed manual transmission, which we bought new. It was ordered from the factory with all the go-fast accessories that were available at the time (not much!). It's my daily driver and has 162,000 miles on the digital odometer. Turbo cars had factory stainless steel exhaust systems, and my car still has the entire original system in place. It has KYB shocks and struts, and BFG Traction T/A tires, and it handles very nicely. I recently took it from Salinas to Chico, running 80 mph on I-5 with its normal, excellent reliability. It badly needs a paint job, so I may wait to post photos until that happens. I had the interior re-done as close to original as I could, so that looks good. I'm really pleased that I found some other folks who appreciate these excellent automobiles!

The only current mechanical problem is with the engine speed control module, which occasionally allows the engine to race at about 2000+ rpm. This is only an inconvenience, and sort of embarrassing, but my mechanic tells me the module is no longer available from Chrysler. Has anyone had this problem, and how did you solve it?
wayne3s

Car Information: Dodge 600ES, 4dr, 1984, 5-speed, turbo

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:00 am

Welcome to the Chrysler K-Car Club. I am Guy V.Coulombe, the club president. I am overjoyed that we have a new California member, with one of the rarest K-cars at that! The early 80s Dodge 600 sedans are getting to be impossible to find and are now outnumbered by convertibles. I haven't seen a 600 sedan from 84 in a year. I hope you will send us some pics, if you want to. I like cars with character, i.e. cars that are straight with faded paint. It means a car has survived 25 years of natural wear and tear without being abused. I do hope that one of these days you can make it down to So.Cal for our biggest annual K-car show in Van Nuys at Woodley Park in May 2009. We are also trying to organzie a rally up to a totally 80s classic car show in San Luis Obispo in July 2009. There are a few Northerner K-Car owners in your area you should get in touch with. I will send you their contacts. They include:

Tom Ortiz of Sacramento with an 86 LeBaron TC Wagon
Another fellow in Sacramento looking for a K car limo
Todd Monday of Stockton with an 85 LeBaron Convertible
A new member who just joined from Modesto with an 89 Reliant
Gaspar of Santa Barbara with an 85 LeBaron Convertible.

In Los Angeles area, we have about 15 members.
Welcome aboard!
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby wayne3s » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 am

Thank you, Guy. I would be very interested in meeting with other K-Car owners, especially in SLO, as that's only about 120 miles from here. As a suggestion, you might want to consider that the WPC national meet will be in Sacramento from July 21st to the 25th, and some folks could have a conflict, or not be able to get away to two meets so close together. I also have a '58 DeSoto (needs brake work, so not road-worthy) and a '67 Dodge Charger that we've had since new, and have tentative plans to attend the WPC meet. I look forward to learning more about K-Cars and meeting other owners and enthusiasts.
wayne3s

Car Information: Dodge 600ES, 4dr, 1984, 5-speed, turbo

Postby jiggahippo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi, Im jeff from texas. I just started to fall in love with the kCAR after watching a few vids from youtube. I was a mechanic back in the late 1980's and I remeber a few that came into my shop. After 9 years of working at that shop I cannot remeber any real work on the kcar. I changed oil, filters, tires ect but nothing big, unlike fords, chevy, ect. I do remenber driving a Lebaron Turbo back in 1985 and I loved it!!! Anyways just thought I would say hi and meet new friends, OH YEA! and KC T1 or 2 for sale? :P
jiggahippo

Car Information: none yet

Postby Veronica » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:08 pm

How to start here.

Number one:
Buy Veronica something pretty. (Jewelry and gems are suggested)
Two: After you have completed number one a few times, then follow the forum instructions on where to start.

FYI:
I found these instructions in the initial charter paperwork as I was looking through the archives. Trust me (wink)
Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Postby mykatie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Hello: My name is Michael> I have been a memeber for a few months, I rescued my 81 aries custom sedan from outside a europeon auto shop, She had been sitting for over 2 years so after insesant bugging , He told me " $ 300 and tow it outta here" So I did, 60k orig staight body clean interior, However mechanically it was hammered, Well after 3 mos of work and $$$ she is purring like a kitten. It is a 2.2 carb auto and a vynal top. It is really hard finding parts for it also snow tires nobody is hardly making 13 inch tires any more, I live in sequim wash. Thanks talk to ya later
mykatie

Car Information: 1981 dodge aries k sedan

Next

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects