New here but K car owner

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

New here but K car owner

Postby Veronica » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:25 am

Hello my name is Veronica, I am new here, but own a K Car currently. BIG fan of Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth (not just K Cars, but in general). Actually big on older classics. I buy cars that need some TLC and then find new homes for them. The goal is to at least break even which is attainable. There is not a whole lot of money in doing this but it is more a labor of love. We dont actually do a whole lot of the mechanical stuff, but servicing older cars is not that expensive as labor and parts are pretty inexpensive compared to the complex disposable junk that most manufacturers put out anymore.

Here you can see my 89 Aries: (and 82 Dodge B250 van in the background)

Should take an engine photo, we just had the engine rebuilt, so it looks like showroom new. Same with dash, we took the dash apart to replace all of the speakers and we cleaned and dressed every inch of the dash inside and out. Still little bits of cleaning and detail here and there. We even fully restored the original finish on the front grille, the chrome is beautiful. (That alone took months). There isnt much left for us to do on this restoration before we find a new home for it. This is a great car, but we have done nearly all that we can. Almost tIme to find another project. Will post some engine pictures within the week.

Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Re: New here but K car owner

Postby rare_ram » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:10 am

You sure that's an Aries? It has a Reliant grille.
rare_ram
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Lancer ES

Postby Veronica » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:21 am

The right lower corner of the tailgate says Aries in the paint where the logo used to be. But perhaps I could be mis-reading it? Even the Smarterist person can make mistakes.

Looking at the title. Oh, 1988 not 1989. See even the SMARTERIST person can make mistakes? (Used to bleach my hair blonde during almost all of the 1990s and never fully recovered).

The title says Dodge but does not list a model. Here is the VIN: 1B3BD49K0JF110961
Do know that the car was initially sold in Canada, I purchased from the original owner, and the car is all Metric (speedo, odometer, temperature, oil, brake warning light....) giggles.....okay only the speedo and odometer read in Kilometers....lol just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. Metric brake light light indicator. ROFL. Im cwazee! :p
Veronica

Postby Veronica » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 am

Dont ever underestimate a Grandma with Google. Did a google search for Dodge VIN numbers, found a site called "decodethis.com" and inputted my VIN number and here is the result:

1988 Dodge Aries America

VIN
1B3BD49K0JF110961 VALID

Date
7/19/2010
Year

Make
Dodge
Manual/Auto Trans.

Model
Aries America
Forced Induction
No

FrontWD
Engine Type
4 Cylinder Engine
Style
4-Door Wagon

Engine Size
2.5L/153 CID

Fuel Type
Gasoline Fuel

=====================================

There you have it. Dodge Aries. Woo hoo, I can read!!!!! (whew) you had me worred there for a moment. ;)
Veronica

Postby 1of10K » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 am

Welcome to our group!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby rare_ram » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Would love a plain Aries wagon again. I had an 87 woodie but got sick of the wood look after awhile. Maybe yours had a grille swap? My late lamented wagon.

rare_ram
Car Fan

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:51 am

Welcome Veronica!!!!

Finally someone with a sense of humor, glad that the bleach didn't hurt that!!! :lol:

Post all you want!!!
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby Veronica » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Sick of a woody? :o
Incredulous. That is a very classy look.

Perhaps it is important not to buy and hold then? Trade, swap or buy and sell.

Thank you Jack. :) Glad that someone understood that comment was being silly and wasn't offended.
Veronica

Postby rare_ram » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:59 pm

I was also Jonesin for a Rampage so I got this.

I also have this in addition to my 86 Turbo 600ES ragtop. 89 Caravan CV, Turbo with a 5 speed.

rare_ram
Car Fan

Postby Evilsmuff » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:20 am

Man, I've been wondering if the caravan's counted as k's. btw, I posted on plenty of your posts but never did this yet... welcome to the club. lol. like the wagon. what's the van in the back btw? wanted one of those when i was 16. thought it be cool, throw a mattress in the back... and we'll leave that there, everyone knows where a teenage male mind goes... haha. and thank you for confirming that bleaching your hair actually kills off braincells... i used to do that too and ever since then i've found my intelegence levels have decreased. could have been a few other things too but hey. jks :P
Evilsmuff

Car Information: Caravelle 1986 2dr, 1985 4dr, 600 1987 4dr

Next

Return to Members' Rides