New here but K car owner

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: New here but K car owner

Postby Veronica » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:19 pm

A mattress in the backseat of a minivan? :o
WHY?
You couldnt wait to get home? :o :o :o (giggle)
That is so tactless.....
I think that I like it!
(just kidding....or maybe)?
You are a bad boy.....go to my room. :p

(sorry for the mixed messages)

Evilsmuff wrote:Man, I've been wondering if the caravan's counted as k's. btw, I posted on plenty of your posts but never did this yet... welcome to the club. lol. like the wagon. what's the van in the back btw? wanted one of those when i was 16. thought it be cool, throw a mattress in the back... and we'll leave that there, everyone knows where a teenage male mind goes... haha. and thank you for confirming that bleaching your hair actually kills off braincells... i used to do that too and ever since then i've found my intelegence levels have decreased. could have been a few other things too but hey. jks :P
Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Postby Jacks1986Lebaron » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:32 am

:shock: ................................ :lol:
Jacks1986Lebaron
Car Fan

Car Information: Chrysler Lebaron 1986-2.5 automatic

Postby rare_ram » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:34 am

Not many here will remember the "If this van is rockin' don't bother knockin'" bumperstickers. :oops:
rare_ram
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Lancer ES

Postby Evilsmuff » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:55 am

oh, I don't remember it personally, but I know exactly what that means. and veronica, don't tell me you never went on a date with a guy who took you "star gazing" and had no clue what he really meant ;) generations upon generations are still ruled by that one desire and you got a better chance when you and the girl are all alone under a romantic starry sky... lmao! as for your room... gotta fight my fiance for me... she's feisty. and tempermental. :lol: all in good fun guys 8)
Evilsmuff

Car Information: Caravelle 1986 2dr, 1985 4dr, 600 1987 4dr

Postby rare_ram » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:24 am

Many years ago a girlfriend and I were living together but we still had some fun in the back seat of her 68 Impala, in the driveway of our house. Not to mention the steamed up windows at the drive-in movies. :lol:
rare_ram
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Lancer ES

Postby Evilsmuff » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:13 am

... I call that christening the car... :lol: My fiance and I have this nice spot on the outskirt of town by the railroad track... stars are as bright as day on a cloudless night, quiet, only problem is the newspaper guy keeps catching us... :shock: for such a shy girl, she's not bothered by this... I am!
Evilsmuff

Car Information: Caravelle 1986 2dr, 1985 4dr, 600 1987 4dr

Postby Veronica » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Not me, I am a respectable lady! (wow is it ever hard to type with crossed fingers).
Veronica

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries Station wagon, 1982 Dodge B250

Postby 1of10K » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:23 am

My favorite non-K van story: Had a 1964 Chevrolet Corvair Corvan many years back, it was a rear engined, bench seat panel van with a 3 speed floor shift. Thought it would be cool to paint murals on the side, so that became my summer project. One side had a side view of a Dusenberg-type roadster, with the van wheels as the car wheels, other side had a huge hand painted mountains and streams mural. No mattress, just some free shag carpet and leftover paneling inside. Didn't have it long, it was an extremely scary van to take around corners at any speed over 5 mph. You could look in the side mirror and see the top of the back tire start to stick out past the body when you were going around a curve, getting ready to flip it over :shock: . Ralph Nader was right in his book "Unsafe at any speed", especially about the Corvairs!

:lol:
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby dodgeariesguy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:32 pm

1of10K wrote:My favorite non-K van story: Had a 1964 Chevrolet Corvair Corvan many years back, it was a rear engined, bench seat panel van with a 3 speed floor shift. Thought it would be cool to paint murals on the side, so that became my summer project. One side had a side view of a Dusenberg-type roadster, with the van wheels as the car wheels, other side had a huge hand painted mountains and streams mural. No mattress, just some free shag carpet and leftover paneling inside. Didn't have it long, it was an extremely scary van to take around corners at any speed over 5 mph. You could look in the side mirror and see the top of the back tire start to stick out past the body when you were going around a curve, getting ready to flip it over :shock: . Ralph Nader was right in his book "Unsafe at any speed", especially about the Corvairs!

:lol:

The van must've been worse with all that top end weight swinging around! I know driving the car was a little well sway-ee but it seemed easy enough the put back in shape, still I was scared when merging it on the highway because the part I was getting on required a sudden jerk of the wheel at 60km/h while accelerating and when I did the body's movement almost made me scream like a little girl cause I thought she was turning over! These were certainly a danger but when I gave the car back to the owner he said it takes practice to know how to drive it right :roll:
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Previous

Return to Members' Rides