Good day.

Topics which have nothing to do with the Chrysler K-car club

Good day.

Postby dodgeariesguy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Today 10/13/10 I had a good day, I finally after years of trying found a place to take me on as a permanent apprentice technician. I also moved to a new bank and got away from problems at my old one. I am very happy at this point as I can now start the automotive technician career that I have wanted to be in for so long. I thank part of this on the support I got from members here. Thank you guy's :-)
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Re: Good day.

Postby Butch » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:41 am

Being an Auto Tech SUCKS, I've been doing this for 30 yrs and I'm still broke. Do it for a few yrs and you'll know what I'm talking about. NO FUTURE !!
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby dodgeariesguy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey $23/hr flat rate sounded good to me!
dodgeariesguy

Postby Butch » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Yea that's good pay BUT !!! they''ll be days when 1 hour is all you'll flag. My last dealership job I had only 2 80 hr pay periods ( 2 weeks ) in the last yr I worked there. Then, you'll get the the cars that GOD himself couldn't find the problem. You'll don't get paid until you fix the problem. Also you'll need $20 K in tools while your buddies spend that on cool toys, fast women etc. etc. and go the work with nothing more than the clothes on their back. THEN there's the managers that promise you the moon and you get raped by them in the end. THEN there's the customer that's impossible to please alltough you boss will put you thu hell trying to do so AT YOUR EXSPENSE. Yea, I wasted 30 yrs of my life putting up with this sh!t. Plan on becoming an alcoholic if you're serious about being an auto tech. Nuff said.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby dodgeariesguy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 am

Flat rate is when I get paid just for being there, 2 cheques a month, and I get to use the bosses tools until I get enough cash for more of my own, and I'm also only an apprentice so its shadowing a full tech and doing oil changes for 5,780 more hrs. till I get my ticket. So I'm still happy, hell I packed grocery's for 4 years before this and it didn't bore me, anything's a step up. Also most of my buddies are in the same field as me so its not like they'll be blowing there money on anything different than me.
dodgeariesguy

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:31 am

I am so happy for you Will. One day if I ever get to Canada, I'll stop by and say hi.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Non-related Topics