Hi to all

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Hi to all

Postby njr600 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have a 1984 dodge 600 2.2 turbo convertible. Its been a project and my daily runner for years, since 2004. I have put some money back into in parts like cv joints fuel pump head gasket you name it and it may have already been changed lol. Its been a good car through out. I'm posting a pic with this topic so hopefully it makes it through. Was wondering if any one knows where i can a get a top put on it at a decent price?? As of now i have been quoted a few quotes around the 1000 dollar range. Is that the regular price?? I'm also going to work on getting it painted too. The car is still in pretty good condition and i drive it everyday. Well if anyone can tell where i can find parts besides auto places feel free to let me know. Just wanted to say hello and happy to be a member. To all take care and i will be back to check the forums out to see if i can help any one out as well.
Attachments
38389060002_medium.jpg
38389060002_medium.jpg (45.97 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
38389060001_medium.jpg
38389060001_medium.jpg (11.67 KiB) Viewed 4689 times
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Re: Hi to all

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 am

A convertible top is an expensive proposition.They constantly need care,and eventually need costly replacement.You might try shopping online for one (JC Whitney sells them too),and then having someone local install it.You're bound to save some money that way.
88AriesLEwagon

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 pm

I am not sure what the going price is for a replacement convertible top lately. However, if I were having one replaced on one of my cars I would not go the lowest cost route. I would go to an upholstery shop with a good reputation that replaces convertible tops on a regular basis and let them supply the top and do the installation. I have seen quite a few poor quality installations that either leak or balloon when going down the road a highway speed. Also, If you supply the top from an outside source when something goes wrong they will blame your supplied part even if its a problem with their workmanship.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Baron » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 pm

You don't say where you are at. But if you are anywhere near I know of just that kind of upholstery shop in Sacramento. He just redid the upholstery job in my Fury, did a first-rate, fantastic, job, and charged me about half of what I expected. He had a convertible in his shop when I first went to talk to him, and the work on it looked great- at least to my inexperienced eyes. Stitching was all perfectly straight, the fabric was nice and tight and straight, and if it came out anywhere close to the job he did on my car, the owner is probably quite happy right now.
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby njr600 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm in Newport News Virginia. I have tried most Convertible top places here. The going price for the top, parts and labor is close to around 1200 dollars. Still searching around and most places want to get their own supplies to do the work. I save some money if i can come up with the top and asscessories for it. If anyone knows anybody out here In VA who will give me a good deal on convertible top replacement please let me know. Thanks!!
njr600

Car Information: 1984 Dodge 600 2.2 Turbo

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.