Antispammer SWAT team. Calling for Volunteers.

Click here for the latest updates to the Chrysler K-Car Website!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Antispammer SWAT team. Calling for Volunteers.

Postby Webmaster » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:29 am

Hello Everybody,

Recently, we have had some serious issues with Spam. After going through the logs, it was noted that a member of the forum may have posted some "Adult" material on this forum. Such items are highly against our policy and depending on the serious nature of the issue, we normally give the member a little "time out" from the forum to think about some issues. As with the case today, we will investigate to see what actually happened.

On of the major problems is the fact like Las Vegas, this forum has grown to where we have many many deserve people within the club. Some are not as caring to the rest as of us as the rest of us would expect. We have our incidents and our "peacekeeping" forces have become inadequate as of know we only have 4 and there are 1154 members. The odds are really against us. So for those of you who really care about the kids, etc., and have a basic understanding how forums work, as of now, I am putting together a sub-volunteer organization whose sole purpose is to fight against spam and such. This organization is open to anyone who wants to join, and you will be part of an elite team of individuals with similar goals to make this forum "safe" for all to come and enjoy. Some of the benefits are a new title to your username, some cool new powers in the forum, and that warm and fuzzy feel you get in helping out the forum that you love so much. To join, simply PM me with you information and we will go from there.

Hope everyone has had a good Sunday.
Charles Coulombe
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Re: Antispammer SWAT team. Calling for Volunteers.

Postby 1986Kar » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Last edited by 1986Kar on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1986Kar

Car Information: 1986 T & C Wgn., 1986 Aries LE, 1988 Aries LE

Postby Webmaster » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:34 am

Actually, we will be having a system similar to that. Would you also like to join this team?
Webmaster
Site Admin

Car Information: Top Secret

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:44 am

Sign me up, the spam on here really sucks.
MyDodgeDip

Postby Baron » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:04 am

There is already a 'Report' button on each post. Doesn't that basically already do the same thing- flag the post for the moderators?
Baron
Car Fan

Car Information: 1983 Chrysler E-Class

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:24 pm

where is it on your screen? It may be because you're signed up for the team. If there is one for regular members I haven't found it yet.
MyDodgeDip

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Last edited by K-CAR_WAGON on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Baron » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Well, I didn't see on any of these posting, either, which made me curious, so I started looking at posts in other threads. Some have the report button, and some don't. Most curious why that is. Anyway, there is a spam posting under the heading for Club Wishlist and it has a report button. You might just test it out and go there and see if you see the report button I saw. Its a little upside down triangle with a red exclamation mark in it. I did already click on the button on that particular posting to see what would happen. And I don't know if once its reported the button disappears or not. You might just check it out and see if you see the report button whenever you next read any of the new posts. Because I saw that button and used it even before I was on the antispammer team.
Baron
Car Fan

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Last edited by K-CAR_WAGON on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby Baron » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:01 am

Yeah, I wish we could not only remove the post but also the membership of the poster and make it so they stay banned so they can't ever spam us again. Maybe banning the offending member is up to the Administrator, but they do really need to be removed, otherwise all we will be stuck with is having to remove their spam over and over again.
Baron
Car Fan

Next

Return to Web Announcements!