WOW! 3 K-CARS OVERRUN CHURCH PARKING LOT 25 YEARS LATER!!!!

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

WOW! 3 K-CARS OVERRUN CHURCH PARKING LOT 25 YEARS LATER!!!!

Postby 89ARIES » Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 am

THE RAREST SPOTTING EVER! THREE K-CARS SHOW UP AT ST. DIDACUS CATHOLIC CHURCH IN SYLMAR, A MILE FROM MY HOUSE, AT THE SAME TIME. 2 OF THE
3 WERE IN POOR SHAPE. 1 OF THE 3 WAS WORSE THAN OUR 87 COROLLA. BUT, IT MADE ME HAPPY TO SEE THE CLASSIC RATRODS JUST THE SAME. THIS IS NOT
COUNTING THE 86 CROWN VICTORIA 4DR. I THINK 4 80S CARS, THREE OF THEM KS, OUT OF 40 CARS IN THE PARKING LOT IS EXTREMELY RARE FOR 2011!! :D

CKCC Presidents 1989 Dodge Aries LE Coupe 175,000 miles. Good condition. Went to the church to pick up my grandmother.

Ratty white 1986-1988 Plymouth Caravelle 4dr Sedan. Scrapes and dents on it. An actual family vehicle for a poor Latino family. A mother
and three daughters. Dent on the roof and rust marks where the scratches slowly rusted. All original car and miracously survived over 20 years. Tagged it
with my last available flier. Car otherwise has no REAL damage and could be saved by a collector. Interior looked good with split seats.

Badly damaged rosewood 1986-1988 Chrysler New Yorker. Worst condition K-car I ever saw besides the Corolla. Major damage and was rearended before. Crushed
bumper in the back, but looked restorable. Crumpled hood in the front. Car noticeably was tilted in the back like a lowrider. Shocks gone. Cracked windshield.
Shredded vinyl roof with rust. Two rear windows held closed with duck tape. I guess electrical windows failed. Saw a group of young Latino men get into it and drive
away. It made metallic scraping noises and some smoke as it drove away. It was almost comical. :D

And yes, I wanted to tag this car, but it looked soOOOOO BAD, and I didn't have a flier.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: WOW! 3 K-CARS OVERRUN CHURCH PARKING LOT 25 YEARS LATER!

Postby nszotovich » Mon May 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Sounds like the New Yorkers load leveling airbags were kaput, hence the rear sag.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.