Reedsburg car show and swap meet

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Re: Reedsburg car show and swap meet

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:58 pm

89ARIES wrote: Also, unfortunately, the timing chain on the 2.6 I believe is an interference motor, but non-interference on the 2.2. :D

I thought the 2.6 liter was a non-interference motor - but maybe I'm wrong.

89ARIES wrote:
and the electronics for OBD1 are DEFINTETLY a pain, as I am going through a nightmare on mine. Nick has no serious computer or electrical problems to worry about. 2.2 and 2.5 engines are always throwing some stupid ass computer code that can be VERY annoying to say the least. :D

Nick has no serious computer or electrical problems because he has essentially a brand new car not because its a 2.6 liter engine car vs a 2.2/2.5 engine liter car. You have problems with your electrical system because your car is old, the wiring harness is probably marginal or shot, and you don't heed the codes. Your car codes in the past seemed to be indicating that your computer was intermittently losing power or being spiked and resetting. I don't think you have followed Butch's advice to rewire the computer power/grounding or have tried a new computer or have tried replacing the portion of the wiring harness that supplies power/ground to the computer.

The electronics for OBDI are relatively simple and straightforward. Throwing a code is usually a good thing and very helpful in troubleshooting and repair. Saves alot of time in general.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:02 pm

I wish I knew how much involved was that. What if I just replace the computer,and every single wire?
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:47 pm

How about you just get a different car? so we dont have to hear any more complaining about codes or wiring, I mean seriously you make it seem like so much drama, its easy code shows up replace the part with a new one. I honestly think you should get rid of the car, or give it to butch so he can either destory it or convert it to a turbo 5 speed coupe..
88 aries

Postby Butch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 am

88 aries wrote: or give it to butch so he can either destory it or convert it to a turbo 5 speed coupe..

I don't want it.
Mopar or No car. Tires and Tits, Rock on.
Butch
Car Fan

Car Information: 86 Chrysler Laser BUILT 89 T2 2.5

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:38 pm

The Mitsubishi 3.0 that the newer EEK cars got was a POS compared to the Chrysler 3.3 and 3.8. Timing belt is a pain to do, they leak oil everywhere and they smoke like no other. Give me a 3.3 or 3.8 over those 3.0s any day.
MyDodgeDip

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:59 pm

My staff sargeant is a very nice seagreen 1991 Chrysler LeBaron 4dr A Body with 75,000 original miles on the 3.0. It leaves a trail of blue smoke, despite a lot he has spent in tune-ups. Very sad. But, Hemi knows a solution to the oil smoking problem. Remember, we are about solutions. The 2.6 can live to 300,000.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby 88 aries » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 am

3.0's suck as well :mrgreen: my father and I both hate them with a passion. Oil burning piles of crap, due to bad valve guides
88 aries

Previous

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects