No trophy and muffler falls off 81 Reliant

Go here to post pictures, videos, car finds, meet interesting new people, and tell us how your car is coming along.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

No trophy and muffler falls off 81 Reliant

Postby 88 aries » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:11 am

well this weekend sucked, no prize and the muffler falls of my 81 Reliant. Its just been bad luck with the 81. Muffler, bondo body work, wired exhuast, blow outs now I see why I paid 600.00 for it. But in the long run I will make it like new, like it should be instead of half A$$ed. On the plus side the cars all reported gas mileage in the lower 30's with the 86 being the highest with 35 MPG
88 aries

Re: No trophy and muffler falls off 81 Reliant

Postby nszotovich » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:13 am

As you know, collecting cars is not cheap and pride of ownership is worth more than prizes. Better luck in the next round.
nszotovich

Car Information: 82 LeBaron Town&Country Wagon 85 LeBaron Coupe

Postby MyDodgeDip » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:49 am

best thing you can do for a car is look it over every oil change for things like that. I clean and paint any rust starting, clean leaves out of the fenders, check fuel/brake lines (Rubber and steel), check exhaust, check tires/bearings, check suspension, look for oil leaks, split axle boots, and just give everything else a look. By the time you check everything the oil is drained and ready for filter change. While I'm filling up the oil, I check the fluids and oil the doors.
MyDodgeDip

Postby 88 aries » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:03 pm

I always do all of that at the opening of each driving season, I change oil every spring, When I got it the muffler was wired instead of a hanger in place :roll: now that I have my 88 Aries repainted and all finished, my focus for 2012 is doing a further restoration with my 81 Reliant.
88 aries

Return to Daily Updates & Club Projects