AN APPOINTMENT IN cHARLOTTE

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

AN APPOINTMENT IN cHARLOTTE

Postby ohpoppy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Hello, My father was in a terrible accident in his beloved 83 Aries Wagon on Monday. He is still in the hospital. I'm trying to find the member he was to visit that day to show his car and discuss some carb problems. I need the info to give to the insurance co since it is insured as a classic and is limited to certain kinds of driving. Just a formality. His there any one in the Charlotte area or even further up north that knows my father ohpoppy and can verify a meeting was to happen. Thanks, Rachel
ohpoppy

Car Information: 82 Chrysler Lebaron Conv

Re: AN APPOINTMENT IN cHARLOTTE

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Rachel, I am truly sorry this happened. Most important right now is that your father get well. I am here to help you in any way I can, and you have the club to back you up to get
an insurance settlement, as that car was thirty years old. Call me anytime. 818-219-2587
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby ohpoppy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:00 pm

I just called him and mentioned your name. He knows you. He remembers when you first started the club, he was of the first members. He is so unhappy about that car. He calls it Pipsqeak and talks to it. It was like new.. the original owner was a truck driver that only used it on trips when he wasn't working over the road. It stayed snuggly warm in a garage most of the time. Would you know of a member that could be that person for insurance purposes. Pipsqueak is in Charlotte and will be given to the towing company since she is a total loss. ... Papa does also own a 82 Lebaron but has less feelings for it.. he says Pipsqeak wasn't showy like the conv.. she was a honest workhorse from better times. A piece of American history. I expect you may understand how some people get attached to their cars.. even when they are not pretty. Rachel
ohpoppy

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:24 pm

So, the car is unrepairable? Unfortunately, I have no pictures of that wagon, but I can send a lot of photos about the club to the insurance company. That might influence
them to settle for a higher amount. Does you father eventually want to buy another K-car? The hardtops are almost extinct now, much to my disappointment, but there will
always be convertibles. Yes, I do understand. I will never give up my daily driver 1989 Dodge Aries with 230,000 original miles. It is only because of how attached some of us
are to our cars that any survive 30-40 years in the first place. I don't have your father's contact. But, please do have him call me anytime at 818-219-2587.
89ARIES

Postby ohpoppy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:55 pm

he asked me to find another wagon. Only decent one has a 2.6 (early) which he doesn't want. He says its unreliable and eats up too much gas. He'll probaly will get over it and drive a normal car.
ohpoppy

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Yes, but who wants a normal car, when you can have a near extinct K-car? I hate modern cars, because they represent an oppression against the old car. Sounds a bit
extreme I know, but you have government funding automakers, and gas getting watered down with ethanol, and there are worldwide conspiracies in nearly every
country to wipe out classic cars forever. They don't want us to be able to repair our cars, as new cars have planned obsolence. They run great when new, but are too
expensive to repair when they start to break down. In California, our K-cars have been smogged to death. By the way, the older K-cars with carbs actually got 30mpg
compared to fuel-injection models. 8-)
89ARIES

Postby ohpoppy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:18 pm

he says the fuel injection 2.6 are ok. New cars last longer but they can't be kept long term because the electonics can't be fixed long term. I like Jeeps since they are old looking but modern and its like being outside in a boat
ohpoppy

Postby 89ARIES » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:52 pm

That is why I am hanging onto my Aries forever. Even with occasional electrical problems that old cars get. My mechanic permanently fixed mine for $600 bucks, after chronic back and forth
issues. Also 2.6 engines were never fuel-injected. They were available only on K-cars from 1981-1985. In 1984, fuel-injection was introduced to the Chrysler 2.2 engine, so you
had the option of fuel-injection or carburetor through 1985. By 1986, all new K-cars were fuel-injected.
89ARIES

Postby ohpoppy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:27 pm

youre just like Papa. He did speak about a old Volvo wageon that has 2 seats. He loves station wagons. He owns 2 Jeeps, 64 Corvette, 73 Cougar conv, stepside Pkup and a 02 sebring conv which he hates and will sell in the spring.
ohpoppy

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:08 am

I wish I was closer so I could meet you and your papa. I have been to North Carolina before, but not since 2006. 8-)
89ARIES

Next

Return to K-Car Club Chapters