New to forum

Go here for Suggestions and Comments regarding the Website and Forum. For car discussion, use topics below.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

New to forum

Postby keforbes » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:32 am

Just joined. I have a 1988 Blue Aries LE 4 Door Sedan. I would like to know if anyone has experience repairing the sagging headliner. Not real bad, but just along the sides.
keforbes

Car Information: 1988 Dodge Aries LE 4 door sedan

Re: New to forum

Postby 89ARIES » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:05 am

Hello keforbes, welcome to the club. You should be able to have any upholstery shop do the headliner for like $200 or less. Remember to ask
them to re-use the original cardboard, as it is sturdy. That is what they did for mine. Check out our new facebook page here at https://www.facebook.com/groups/KcarFri ... rnational/ 8-) Oh, I'd love to see some pictures of this car.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby keforbes » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Thank you. Where do I upload photos? The upload quota has been reached here?
keforbes

Postby Pete in NH » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the club. Sagging headliners are a common issue with K cars. Generally once they start to let go, you need to replace the material. This material has a foam backing and is readily available from many sources online. There is a lot of information on how to do this yourself at http://www.allpar.com/eek/headliner.html
Pete in NH

Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE

Postby keforbes » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks Pete in NH, sounds like fun. I may try this myself. There appears to be a lot of good info in the link you provided.
keforbes

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:10 am

Hello keforbes. Can you email me some pictures of your car at aries89@chryslerkcar.com. I would like to make you car of the day, with
your permission, at this site you are welcome to join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KcarFri ... rnational/
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby keforbes » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 pm

I sent some photos. Unfortunately we have lots of snow and cold weather this year and I haven't taken many photos. The first 8 pictures are taken from the autotrader.ca ad for my car a year ago. At the time it had 56000 km on the clock but after a year as a daily driver it now has 69000 km. The last photo is the ad I found that ended with me and my daughter flying to Victoria, BC, Canada and driving it home almost 2600 km. We took it for a test drive of 2 km before we gave the seller the money $1600. It was the best deal I have ever gotten when buying a car. It still had the original Goodyear tires. The three winter pictures are after that drive home in April 2013. We still have snow this time of year and often have snow in May. The other picture is our 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan and the Aries this past July. Hope you can use some of them.
keforbes

Return to Suggestions and Comments