The Chrysler K-Car Museum

Post here for any Cars and Parts desired!

Moderator: 89ARIES

The Chrysler K-Car Museum

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:10 am

This would cost thousands of dollars probably. But, wouldn't be nice if we could build a real car museum for all K-cars and have it fully operational in 10 years. I don't know how much it would cost. Just think of it, how many cars could it hold, hhmmm. Well, five body styles. Sedan, Coupe, Convertible, Wagon, and Limo.

Aries=9 model years x 3 body styles-minus no wagon for 89=26 Cars
Reliant=9 model years x 3 body styles-minus no wagon for 89=26 Cars
400=2 model years x 3 body styles=6 Cars
600=5 model years. 1 body style in 83. 3 body styles 84-86. 1 in 87-88=11 Cars
Caravelle=Canada. 2 body styles. US 1 body style. 9 Cars
LeBaron=8 model years. 4 body styles. 82-86 Two Body styles 87-88=24 Cars
E-Class=2 Cars
New Yorker=6 Cars
Executive Limo=4 or more as spares
Executive Sedan=2.

Wow, thats over 100 cars already. Not including the Mexican K-Cars. It would be a nice climate controlled building. All the cars would have to be rotated and driven at least once every two weeks. We would have a specialty staff of mechanics and historians. Only musuem personnel and those given special permission would be able to drive the cars, since by then there will be so few left anyway. A 1982 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible will be worth $25,000. Hey Justin, lets put your car in the museum. Hhhmm.

Maybe in the year 2030, this dream will be a realty. Go ahead, laugh you outsiders. The K-cars are great cars. By 2030, my car will be 42 years old, if it still exists.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: The Chrysler K-Car Museum

Postby ReliantLV » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:55 pm

Oh, gosh.... That's quite an idea.... Wow!

Just a blonde question, but would we have to have a car for EACH year, if no changes were made (e.g. no facelift etc)? :oops:

Hey, I'd probably gladly donate my Reliant to this museum in 2030.... :mrgreen:
ReliantLV
Car Fan

Car Information: 1981 Plymouth Reliant Custom 2-d. coupe

Postby 88 aries » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:28 am

hey thats a great idea, my K-cars already should be in a meseum since they are mint.
88 aries

Postby 1of10K » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:25 pm

I wonder if Chrysler has any of the Ks and the K Cousins hidden away at their corporate headquarters warehouse?? I bet they do!
1of10K
Car Fan

Car Information: 1982 Reliant Spring Special Coupe

Postby love-a-Lebaron » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:24 pm

You know they have some stuck away some where, I wonder if they still have the one that Leiacoca ( botched that I know ) had the top cut off of in 81?? & drove for a summer to see if there was interest in a convertable version. That would be the one to have, ( Im not saying that becaues I am a converable fan) The real frist convertable to be made in america in the 80's, that would make a show peace.
love-a-Lebaron

Car Information: 1986 Lebaron Con.

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:26 am

ohh no there is a spam bot on the loose here! Please admin Guy, 88aries get rid of it.
Presenting the K-Car: THE KING OF ECONOMY CARS, LUXURY CARS, AND CONVERTIBLES!
dodgeariesguy

Car Information: 1987 Dodge Aries LE 2.5, 1986 Dodge Aries SE 2.2

Postby 88 aries » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:24 am

ive seen it to, i have no idea what spam bot is, but im assumeing its something bad, maybe thats why the main page is so messed up and doesnt work.
88 aries

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:16 am

88 aries wrote:ive seen it to, i have no idea what spam bot is, but im assumeing its something bad, maybe thats why the main page is so messed up and doesnt work.

Could be but the main issue is those obscene random comments on forums. Might be time for one of those ''Enter this letters, numbers" to register things for security. Not sure how to get one but some research might be worth it. A spambot is an advertising computer that roams forums and posts ads for things.
dodgeariesguy

Postby 89ARIES » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:52 am

That person was some outsider who intruded on our forum. No sexual content is tolerated here. His post has been deleted. Thanks guys for alerting me before that thing got out of hand. We also have a secure roster where usernames are stored for everyone here. It is divided between active and inactive members. Inactive is a status when someone has trouble registering or gets scared by that parental consent button. Some jerk lobbied fictitious usernames into our inactive section with like 10 names a day and said he was from Liberia, Estonia, etc. I am getting concerned. I am also really frustrated that our main page is still down :x
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Postby dodgeariesguy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:55 am

Well you can still access the majority of the non-forum site from the media page: http://www.chryslerkcar.com/media.htm might work for everyone!
dodgeariesguy

Next

Return to Club Wishlist