1988 Dodge Aries Wagon 2.5L 3SPD Automatic

As a K-car owner, you can encounter trouble with this motor. We'll help ya keep this reliable engine running.

Moderator: Webmaster

1988 Dodge Aries Wagon 2.5L 3SPD Automatic

Postby tclerisse » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:01 am

Hello!

So I'm pretty sad, had a giant post but wasn't logged in and when I went to post it, it all went away. :shock: So here we go again!

Just a chance to update everyone on my 1988 Dodge Aries Wagon I acquired in June for $800! I plan to have smogged this week and ready for California plates as it currently is a Connecticut car! Initial testing showed high NOx emissions and from what I've read up on is usually the EGR Valve and Catalytic converter! I have a new Cat/O2 sensor to be installed this week by a shop and I plan on putting the EGR Valve on tomorrow!

Things I've replaced so far!!:
Spark Plugs, Wires, Cap/Rotor, Pick Up Coil, Ignition Coil= Better Acceleration!
Two new front tires(rears are still good!)
New Wiper Blades!
New brakes/rotors up front (rear TBC)
New PCV valve/misc hoses (had to fashion some from heater/coolant hoses)
Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil/Filter Change
Sea Foam Treatment for the gas tank!

After having completed this work I'm still getting a weird rumble after idling for a while, hopefully it goes away after the Exhaust work, any thoughts on this?

VERY BLACK ATF FLUID: Transmission shifts pretty smoothly so I think it's safe to have it fully serviced along with a new filter and trans pan gasket but I've heard negatives of flushing black ATF fluid, thoughts?

Suspension: I want this to be my daily driver, school, work, (future K car trips 8-) ) Having said that this thing has no shock absorption, you feel just about everything! I was wondering if anyone has heard of a full Strut Assembly that will bolt up to our car so I can tackle the issue myself for less!

Well I think that's everything!

Thanks!!!
-Tyler
tclerisse

Re: 1988 Dodge Aries Wagon 2.5L 3SPD Automatic

Postby dan435 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:41 pm

High nox = egr system and also explains stumble- for the most part loades struts no longer around makes friends with somebody at a shop and have them swap springs ypu do rest of install
dan435

Car Information: sadly none- former 83 reliant 2dr 4spd stick

Return to Chrysler 2.2/2.2 T/2.5 Motor