95 New Yorker Salon questions

Come here to help us help you in keeping that car alive. This ongoing project repair site is due in part to the work of Justin Paulson and many others on this forum.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

95 New Yorker Salon questions

Postby KTKelly » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:10 pm

I picked u a really nice 95 Chrysler New Yorker Salon that has some odd little things wrong with it. and thought maybe someone here could help with possible answers.

First and most irritating in the remote locks not working. Any idea on where the receiver is, and where the connections go?

Next is wanting to know just how hard is it to replace the odometer gear? I already have the gear.

Last (at this time) is how hard is it to remove the headliner? Mine is seriously sagging....

Thanks all.
KTKelly

Car Information: 95 Chrysler New Yorker Salon

Re: 95 New Yorker Salon questions

Postby Kwagon2 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi
Your Chrysler is a member of the first generation of "LH" series cars (Concorde and so on) I personally have very little experience with these cars and no on hand service information.
As a suggestion I would say may be your first step would be to locate even a non-factory Haynes manual which tend to have fair bit of info and they do have wiring diagrams for most major systems which could help you out .
With regards to the headliner I would check with an auto upholsterer and get some tips on removal/replacement ....I did that for my wife's Fifth Avenue and the shop I talked to even had an ideal replacement material so it wasn't a waste of time. :)
Kwagon2
Car Fan

Car Information: '82 Aries Wagon,'85 Reliant SE,'82 Reliant Wagon

Postby KTKelly » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:07 am

Already have a Haynes manual, and found it to be just about totally useless....

Thanks
KTKelly

Car Information: 95 Chrysler New Yorker Salon

Postby K-CAR_WAGON » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Try posting your question on the LH forum.

http://www.lhforums.net/forums/forum.php

1995-1997 Chrylser LHS and New Yorkers are essentially the same.
K-CAR_WAGON
Car Fan

Car Information: Plymouth, Reliant Wagon, 1983

Return to Lets fix/restore/maintain your Classic K-Car