Anyone have a spare rollover valve 4279941 or equivalent?

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Anyone have a spare rollover valve 4279941 or equivalent?

Postby 1p3bp » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:30 am

I need a used rollover valve for a 86 Reliant or anything that will work. Original number is 4279941. Or anything else that will work with the original grommet. My grommet is in nice shape. I'm currently using a Chevrolet Blazer rollover valve secured in with silicone but don't know if it will hold up because it's not very tight. I tried to remove several original ones I found at the junkyard by using the screwdriver trick with the grommet still intact but still broke all of them. I see it was suggested the Jeep one should work. Has anyone used this one before? Does it fit in the original grommet? Or if anyone has a used one I can purchase.
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:39 pm
Car Information: 1986 Plymouth Reliant SE Wagon

Re: Anyone have a spare rollover valve 4279941 or equivalent

Postby Artie K Car » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:55 am

I thought I was the only one looking for this !! I have tried every parts supplier and no one has that exact valve. I am tempted to try the one you reference BUT I'm not sure about the 2nd fuel line. I can tell you to not bother to try and find that OEM valve anywhere........sorry for the bad news
Artie K Car
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:00 am
Car Information: Plymouth Reliant America Sedan 1988

Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest