Cannot reach/find fuse box!

Go here if you can't find the answers to your car's problems

Moderator: 89ARIES

Cannot reach/find fuse box!

Postby clasicolebaron » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm

While cleaning the lighter, I caused a short, Now I am struggling to get the fuse-box/compartment open/locate. 1987 Lebaron, I know it's under the Dash, But cannot see it. HELP, My digital dash went off lol

Jave
;)
clasicolebaron

Car Information: 1987 Chrysler Lebaron sdn, 2.5l

Re: Cannot reach/find fuse box!

Postby mikey Cee » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:14 am

Obviously you don't have an owner's manual do you? The fuse panel is just to the immediate left of the steering column. Remove the long panel that wraps underneath the column. Grab both lower left and right hand corners and give it a very firm outward yank and it will pop right out. At those two points however it feels like a double "wall" make sure you try and yank only the upper panel piece. My manual says you can slide the entire fuse panel to the left and remove the whole fuse block for ease of checking and replacing fuses. Mine never seems to want to do that so I've never tried too hard and replace fuses on my knees with a flash light. Hope this helps. Mike
mikey Cee

Car Information: 1986 lebaron convertible less than 36,000 miles

Re: Cannot reach/find fuse box!

Postby clasicolebaron » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:18 am

Hello Mike,
First, Thank you very much for your kind advise and reply, I will do that absolutely. And Secondly, yes, I do not have the owners manual.
Once again, Thank you very much.
Kindly I will reply after done the task.
Regards
Javier

Jave
;)
clasicolebaron

Car Information: 1987 Chrysler Lebaron sdn, 2.5l

Return to Technical Support