24TH NATIONAL CHRYSLER K-CAR SHOW. APRIL 14TH, 2019

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

24TH NATIONAL CHRYSLER K-CAR SHOW. APRIL 14TH, 2019

Postby 89ARIES » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:02 am

The 24th National Chrysler K-Car Club Show
Date: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Time: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. (1PM you can leave)
Food vendors will be selling lunch.

Location: Spring Fling XXIII Car Show. Woodley Park. 6350 Woodley Ave, Van Nuys, California.

Cost: $30 at the gate. Cash only. Our car club has been attending the Fling for 12 years. Our classic Ks are now almost extinct, and no longer available. Come join us with your car, no matter its condition, so we can enjoy 35-year-old classics. John will be there, with his incredible technical expertise. He is the only one in the club that volunteers to go to junkyards. If you’re a seller, we need your car here. Advertise with us. Our future is at stake because of the severe attrition rate of our cars, a broken repair network, and increasing stringent regulations in our state that seek to ban gasoline and old cars forever by 2040. Most K-car owners don’t respond to any freebies we send them, and 80% of them crush their cars without trying to sell them to us first. Don’t be one of them. Most of these cars run and drive. It concerns me that more people at this event are choosing to park outside of the park, which completely defeats the purpose of this car show, because they don’t want to pay an entrance fee. This hurts the sponsors. I pay the entrance fee. I almost cancelled this show, because I am working two jobs right now. The 14th is my birthday, and it would be nice to see members that left us years ago. I will be bringing frames for $20.

Purpose: To have a good time, look at 500 classic Chryslers, eat the food, and celebrate a historical era of Chrysler. This is the show that built the club. This show gives us an opportunity to advertise, recruit new members, and get general recognition. We set a record of 24 K-car attendees for Spring Fling 2015 and it was a lot of fun. The Fling event is where we really try to encourage every club member to show off their ride with pride, regardless of its condition. Jay Leno usually stops by here as well. Bring your media devices so we can capture this historic day.

Important: Big park. Show will be located in the park area on the east side of Woodley Ave between Victory Blvd and Burbank Blvd. Gates open at 8:00 AM. Slam shut at 10:00 AM. Car clubs who wish to be in the show must get all their people in by 10 or they have to park in the spectator parking area. Email me at thechryslerkcarclub@gmail.com if you are serious and committed to attending an awesome show.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Return to Announcements and Events