1982 lebaron carb trouble

Questions and comments from non-members

Moderator: 89ARIES

1982 lebaron carb trouble

Postby kid coulson » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi everybody,
My dad called and said his wife's father is having carb trouble with his 4 cyl '82 Lebaron. I said are you sure its the carb?
He said thats what the garage told him. So they asked me to see what I could find out about these things because I guess the"garage" doesnt want to get to involved with it. I know this is a B R O A D question, but what should I look for or try?
Are there some "common" issues to look for or replace? Thanks for any tips/advice.
kid coulson

Re: 1982 lebaron carb trouble

Postby 88 aries » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:53 am

do you have a 2.6 Mitsubishi (pile of crap Mikuni) or do we have the 2.2 engine with a holley carb
88 aries

Postby kid coulson » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:14 am

Do not know. Ill call my dad tomorrow.
kid coulson

Postby kid coulson » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Still dont know. My dad and the owner both didnt know what engine it had. I am going to call the garage tomorrow.
One mechanic said something about a screen inside the carb being deteriated.?? The owner has no prob buying a new/rebuilt carb if we can find one. I guess the "garage" said they couldnt locate one. Ill be doing some surfing tonight to see what I can find.
kid coulson

Postby rare_ram » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:58 am

Can't buy a carb if you don't know what motor it's for.
rare_ram
Car Fan

Car Information: 1986 Dodge Lancer ES

Postby kid coulson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:14 pm

O.k. Finally got some info. = 2.2 engine, I guess the spacer between the carb and intake is bad. Mechanic cant find a new or good used one. Ideas? Thanks.

PS- what is this spacer thing? What is it's purpose?
kid coulson

Postby kid coulson » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Well,.. if anybody is still looking at this thred??
Cant find a carb spacer. Although I have not seen the car I believe this is basically a heat shield that keeps the manifold heat away from the carb. Must be cracked or something. Mechanic is going to put some stuff on there to try and seal the vacuum leak. This probably wont last so I am still open to tips, or a new/good used carb spacer thing.
Also, the car will be for sale soon. 1982 Lebaron Conv. Adult owned,always stored inside. 67,000 miles 2.2 engine(what I was told). Great shape(what I was told) 1 re-paint like 20 years ago do to small rust issues starting. Top replaced like 18 years ago hardly used. Yellow body,tan top. I didnt ask the color of the interior. The owner is a older man that really doesnt know anything about cars or what this car may be worth. Price has not been set. I guess we got to do some research.
Tips,ideas,offers??? ballpark it. Thanks.
kid coulson

Return to For Guests