Saw two Fairdogs. Cali people driving classics in rain.

Post all your classic car finds here. Have a cell phone handy. Pics please.

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

Saw two Fairdogs. Cali people driving classics in rain.

Postby 89ARIES » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:39 am

Well, I ended up driving nothing but side streets because people become stupid in the rain here. I had to get my crown done so I had great opportunity to see some rare classics. What is odd here
is people won't go to a car show if its raining, but they will drive their classics in the rain. Here is what I saw:

Ford Fairmot 2dr Pillared Sedan
Ford Fairmont stationwagon
A number of GM coupes like El Dorado, Toronado, etc.
A 1940s WWII era car driving in the rain! I could figure out what it was. It looked
like a crossover between a VW and a Dodge
A 1980s Chevy Malibu Sedan
Two 1970s Nova Sedans
A 1970s Buick Apollo Sedan
A 1960s Ford Ranchero
A 1959 Chevy Impala 4dr HT in the rain.
Some other thinks I can't think of right now.

No K-cars. They are scarce. Did see that mint LeBaron GTS drive by near my house. Saw some nice things. Yep, old cars just fade. They become scattered further
and further apart. I'll get some pics for you guys of that rare rare 1982 Ford Granada 2dr pillared sedan.
89ARIES
Chysler K Car Club Founder

Car Information: 1989 Dodge Aries

Re: Saw two Fairdogs. Cali people driving classics in rain.

Postby 88AriesLEwagon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 am

Not a GTS,but I know a guy who owned a base 85 Lancer 2.2/auto.It was loud and ran pretty rough,but the body was spotless.The car broke down 30 miles away,and he had it towed to a garage/junkyard those 30 miles back.I told him it was probably the logic or power modules,and that they were like $50 from the junkyards,but he had the shop find out what was wrong with the car.They had it for around 2 weeks and finally fixed it (needed the power module).He got the bill,and it was around $285...and he balked.He left the car there and said he would pay installments to get it back.Well,he never made any installments,and the shop charged storage fees of $18 daily.Well,after a year it became the worlds most expensive base model 85 Lancer.He signed the title over to the shop and never paid them a dime.Whatever happened to it I never knew,but if the dumba*s had listened to me,it would have cost $100 to fix it,and he might still have it!! (Doubted,it was back in 2001/02 when this happened.)
88AriesLEwagon

Return to Classic K-Car/other car spottings.