New Guy, New and Unexpected Project

Go here to view our cars!

Moderators: 89ARIES, Webmaster

New Guy, New and Unexpected Project

Postby birchdeer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Hey all!

My name is Julian, and I grabbed this car about a year and a half ago for pocket change on craigslist, because I wanted a little more room than our miata allows. A little digging, and I realized I'd stumbled on something much cooler than your average old wagon.

1983 Lebaron Town and Country wagon, 2.6 engine and the Mark Cross interior. It's nearly rust free (a spot or two the size of a penny, no holes, which is a miracle in CT.) and the interior is immaculate, in fact, there's still some protective factory plastic on it in a few spots. I'd love some help IDing the color, I think it's a Sable Brown but I've had some trouble pulling up official colors. I was going to take some nice photos today after the radiator change and a wash, but some mechanical snags along the way mean it's stuck for another week in the lot.

Unfortunately, it has needed a lot of internal work with the fact it sat in someone's drive way for almost ten years, but we've been chipping away at it.

More photos and updates to come as progress continues.
birchdeer

Car Information: 83 Lebaron Town and Country Woody - Mark Cross ed.

Re: New Guy, New and Unexpected Project

Postby birchdeer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:42 pm

And sorry for the spam topics, never been on a moderated board and assumed the first post or two was filtered. Off to a great start, eh?
birchdeer

Postby 86dodge600esconvert » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:55 pm

awesome car Under the hood probably on the rad support there would be a card size plate with numbers on it, these are trim and paint codes take a pic and an automotive paint store should be able to mix up some of the right color,
86dodge600esconvert

Car Information: 1986 Dodec 600 es convertable

Postby birchdeer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:07 am

Sweet, I'll have a look tomorrow when I finish installing the new fuel pump. Thanks for the tip!
birchdeer

Return to Members' Rides